Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life-Cycle

I received this email regarding the questions I posed in the first post of this blog:

In reflecting on our Life Group there has been constant change. I count 10 people who used to be in the group that are no longer in it. They moved, died, or moved to another group. On the other hand, we have 8 people who were not originally in the group but who are in it now. Of the total group, there are only 6 people who have been continuously in the group. I think you would find this is true of other groups as well. My point is that groups just naturally go through a process of change without change having to be forced. I remember many (probably 20) years ago we purposely pushed to reconstitute the groups in order to promote broader acquaintanceship among members. People resisted and resented the effort and it fell through. Probably a better approach would be to work toward getting everybody into a group, and do some diagnosis and prescription so they got into a group that would do the most to promote their spiritual growth.

I like this response. Basically, this person is saying that LIFE Groups have their own life-cycle. We don't have to create one for them. What are your responses this observation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am sure that can be said of more than one group. However, Gayle would never let us stay with the same group - he had us moving around all the time. I don't have a good opinion on this. I do agree that people are comfortable only where they are comfortable and want to make their own choices.
Carol Bell

Nice Blog site